When installing the free version of the DivX Software, you may see some third party offers, that our users may find valuable. These optional software offers can always be declined during the installation process. The offers and ads in our software allow us to make a free version available to our users.
And remember, there are never any viruses with the DivX installer that is downloaded directly from our DivX.com website - if your anti virus software is flagging us, it usually means there was a recent update / release of the DivX Software and the anti virus definitions are not up-to-date yet.
If this is your first time installing you will have the option to select your DivX Software language as well as folder location. If you do not see these options then you likely have a previous version installed (if you do want to change these options and you'll need to do a complete uninstall first to enable changes to the language or location of the install).
Here are step-by-step instructions on installing the DivX Software for Windows:
- Download the free version from the official DivX.com website;
- Start the installer once the download is completed, and select your language. You will not see this step if you have a previous version of the software installed.
- Accept our Agreement:
- Select the DivX Software components and options you want to install (we recommend including all components for the best experience):
- Either leave the default install folder or select the one you want by clicking on the 'Change install directory' option. Please note: you will not see the 'Change install directory' if you have a previous version installed.
- For the free version of the DivX Software check the optional offer and either Accept or Decline it. If you have purchased DivX Pro which includes Ad-Free you will not see this offer.
- The installation process should start:
- Once the installation is finished, you will have the option to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest on DivX updates, deals and announcements:
If you run into any issues or have any questions, please feel free to open a ticket with our Support Team here.
Thank for information.
After the latest update, the DIVX Control Panel has stopped working due to a missing DLL. I can't find a way to uninstall and reinstall the software. Any suggestions?
Good. Tank you my ferend
I want to update my divx but it keeps giving and a message to check my internet access. I dont understand why bc I always have connection on all the time please help
Quiero que mi móvil esté vinculado con mi auto un chevrolet spark 2015
I'm having the same problem. It won't let me download Divx. It's saying I'm missing files, and to check my internet connection, which is working.
I had tried to update my free version to DivX Pro but was unable to download a workable version of the install program. I was then unable to get support from DivX. The same is true for your partner Cleverbridge. I submitted the refund request at Cleverbridge. Hopefully, I will get it.
I was disappointed because I really enjoyed my earlier versions of Divx.
I try to install the DivX but it is coming out the message "Error ..." and never it is going to the step 3 of instalation as it is shown in your site. i have windows 10
I dissabled as well the ESET antivirus software.
Please sign in to leave a comment.