If you have no sound or distorted sound, then either:
- a) the movie is not DivX,
- b) the file is corrupt, or
- c) the audio is not MP3 or IMA ADPCM(the three formats we support).
There are two ways to check which audio Codecs your file needs for playback.
- 1. If you have QuickTime: Open the file and then go to Window > Show Movie Info. Next to format it should list the video and audio Codecs your file is encoded with.
- 2. If you have the VLC Player: Open the file in VLC, pause the movie (or don't). Go to Window > Info (Cmd-I). There should be listed "Stream 0" and "Stream 1". Click on the arrows next to them to view the Codec information for Video and Audio.
Also, see our FAQ - 'Missing Audio Codecs for Mac' for reference.