A new feature of the DivX Player is the ability to stream to your Google Chromecast connected device. Follow these steps to see how this is done:
- Make sure that your Chromecast and computer with the DivX Player are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure that you have the Chrome browser up to date. Check here if you are missing the Cast button in your Chrome browser.
- Turn sharing on in the DivX Media Server.
- Load up the file you would like to cast and then click the DivX Media Server icon and then select the 'Cast To' option:
- A browser tab will open in your Chrome browser and will ask you to select the Chromecast to start casting to. Select the appropriate Chromecast and video will now be cast to your Chromecast connected device:
Please Note: For playback of some filetypes you may need need to take these additional steps:
Download and extract FFmpeg onto your system and then browse to the correct path of ffmpeg.exe in the DivX Media Server Settings tab:
If you do not see the Chromecast option make sure you have the latest version of the DivX Player installed on your system. You can download the latest version here.
The article is out of date, it's for the older version, not for the current version 10.8.6 (16/06/2018).
i'm not able to find ffmpeg.exe on mac
Please sign in to leave a comment.